Photobucket

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Quickie: Color Club - Worth the Risque

What I have on right now (on my nails that is :P) is Worth the Risque by Color Club. I know, I know this is old news but most of my nail polish I buy after seeing it on other beauty blogs. So...I'm usually a few seasons too late but that's ok. There will always be people like me who are still curious about different brands and polishes.

Here's a quick pic I snapped with my iPhone:


This was one of the very first "holos" or "prismatic" polishes that I bought. The VERRRRY first one was a Sally Hansen red/coral color. Worth the Risque I bought along with Revvvolution (also from the same Color Club collection) at a little Asian nail supply store last summer. The most recent holographic nail polish I bought was one of the 3D Holographics from Milani. Comparatively, I much prefer the Milani polish.

Personally I feel like the holo particles in Worth the Risque are just too fine. It takes a careful eye and very specific lighting to get the full holo effect, and the silver color looks kind of gray on me and not especially flattering with my skin tone. I do think this would be a great color for doing nail art or stamping (which I myself don't have the time or equipment for).

Application wise, this polish was smooth and applied evenly in 2 coats. I did 3 coats for the photo.

(look at me rambling on in what was originally just supposed to be a quick post with a quick picture I took...now I have a long text post with one crappy cell phone picture..oops. I didn't even bother doing a water mark or anything.)

2 comments:

Laura @ Sawan-Heaven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura @ Sawan-Heaven said...

Oooo...How fun!